Thursday 15 February 2007

Snow Snow and more Snow.... Atleast we get a snow day.

Can i tell you how much i love snow!!...... Being sarcastic. Boy i can't wait until june when we move down south and i am done with this crap.


So yesterday i woke up to two inches of snow. No biggie right. I mean i should be used to that but then when i turn on the news i see they are calling for up to ten inches by within the next day and a half. So then i started to debate, should i go to work and take the chance of not being able to get home? ( i get out at 6) So i suck it up and get to work around 8 am. I punch early because i figured if i can get in early maybe i can get out early and deal with this stuff while its still light out. So at 2pm my boss rallys everyone up and says we are closing the building its getting horrible out. Everyone go home and thats when it began....

What normally take 20 mins turned out to be an hour for a drive home. The roads were horrible and on top of it I had to deal with some idiot driving on my bumper. I love those kind of people that think just because they have four wheel drive they can't wreck... Anyways i let him pass me and i got home safely. The snow had already begun falling quickly and by last night it turned to ice. I didn't realize how bad it was until i went to take the dog out and she took one step out on the side walk and turfed it. So dh and I decided to lay some salt down and laughed at each other falling all over the place. Some pics below. Sorry the best i could do in the dark.


 


So we are now thinking this has to be it right? WRONG. We are told that the morning commute is going to be awful and we can expect atleast another 3 inches tomorrow. So this is now Wensday and we are up to about 9 inches. Of course i called off work (no way i am driving in this two days in a row) and am happily looking at this stuff in the comfort of my own home and not at work.... Can you say SNOW DAY! I remember when I was a kid that was the greatest thing ever now its just a pain in the ass... Sorry for the language but god i hate this stuff... So i took some pics this morning of the trees and my kitchen window.
 

So on a brighter note, now that i have a snow day, I have some time to get everything ready before my laptop arrives on friday. And of course instead of doing what I should be doing I am working on a new freebie... I have a small preview below. Leave me a comment on what you think of it so I know wether to bother posting it. Happy Snow day and Valentine's Day to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment